Second Month of Campus Ministry (September)
This month has been such a blessing!
With how jam-packed this month was with building friendships, administrative successes, and strengthening the biblical scaffolding holding up my faith, I can tell that I am being prayed for! Thank you all so much for your support in prayer and in monetary donations! It has been so freeing to know that I can do what God is calling me to do without worrying about whether or not I'm going to be able to pay the bills. Your contribution has really been put to work this month, and God is doing some great things because of it!
Sharing and Shaping!
This month I got into the full swing of event planning! One of the things that we have started this year with the Dallas College FOCUS is to have weekly ministry hangout times for students to get to know each other and to have fun together. Our hope is to introduce a context were students can start to build deep, spiritual friendships that will last a life time, and to open up the door for them to engage with one another and begin to initiate these hangouts themselves! We do these weekly hangs every Tuesday night. I am in charge of planning the events, putting them on, making sure people are invited, and making sure that the venue, supplies, and activities are all as they should be before, during, and after the event. Here's what we did this month:
- Movie Night at the Church (we watched the Emperor's New Groove)
- Cookout at my house (I made hot dogs and hamburgers and we played board games)
- Nickelrama (an arcade that takes nickels rather than quarters)
- Field Night (sports at the fields at Richland College)
- Scary Movie Night at my house this past Tuesday!
- A continued interest and desire in the students' hearts at Brookhaven to seek out a community, and that we can provide a place of spiritual, intellectual, and emotional growth for them.
- For me to continue to practice resting with God rather than feeling like I have to always be on the move.
- For the alive and active Word of God to infiltrate and take over my heart and the hearts and minds of all of the students in and around FOCUS.